Day 14: 50 day makeup challenge.
Favorite YouTube guru(s)?
In order from left to right:
1. Lisa Eldridge. A professional makeup artist that does makeup for vogue, marie clare, elle, vanity fair and much more! Her videos are great for new makeup inspiration, what the makeup trends are, and every day looks. She is very clear and easy to follow.
2. Wayne Goss a.k.a gossmakeupartist. Wayne gives such great reviews, tips, and looks. He’s a pro makeup artist as well and is very honest about products he reviews. He has allot of great tutorials and pro tips as well as makeup tips and looks that save time out of your day.
3. Emily Eddington a.k.a beauty broadcast a.k.a EmilyNoel87. Emily is such a genuine, honest, and sweet person. You can see that through all her videos. She gives true honest reviews about makeup, tips on makeup shopping ideas, and easy, fun makeup looks.
4. Michelle Phan. I have been following Michelle for a long time now and i’m still loyal. She has kind of sold out over the years and some of her videos can be hits or misses. I do still love allot of her old videos and some of her recent makeup looks and tips. Her video quality and editing is amazing. I try to look out for her non sponsored videos.
5. Andrea D. Brooks a.k.a AndreasChoice. This girl is hilarious. She has great D.I.Y projects, nails, hair, makeup, etc. I love her personality and how candid she is. I never miss a video.
6. Judy Gutierrez from itsjudytime and itsjudyslife. Judy is one of the few pinay (Filipino) youtube gurus. I watch her beauty/ vlog channel religiously. Her and her husband are so funny! Her hair tutorials are amazing, and she gives great first impression videos on products.
7. Lindi Tsang a.k.a bubzbeauty. Bubz is asian with an irish accent! (So cool!) She has great fashion videos, motivational videos, makeup etc. I’m always a fan of her personality and fun, light hearted videos.
8. Wendy Nguyen from wendyslookbook/ wendyslookbook.com. I wish she was my stylist! Her outfits are so incredible and she pairs everything so perfectly! She is very genuine and positive. Her fashion tips and video quality/ editing is unmatched.
9. Carly Cristman. She is super fabulous. Her style is so amazing and she always stays true to herself. I love her video editing and she is my fashion inspiration!
10. Jenn Im from a.k.a clothesencounters. Thrifting diva. This girl is the queen of thrifting and putting together the most amazing retro outfits! Her personality is so chill and I love how she is true to her style and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks.
BB, CC, what creams?
Michelle Phan blogs about the newest craze in creams.. CC creams! I wrote a blog post about Asian BB creams here. I love multi-functional products! Anything that can can help improve my skin and cuts my makeup routine in half is a must have product for me!
CC creams are said to be supercharged versions of BB creams, and have been circling Asia’s beauty market under the same brands that brought us the BB craze. The double C stands for “color correction” or “color control” because they are more focused on improving your skin’s color and tone. Basically, CC creams will provide all the coverage and benefits of a BB, with the added bonus of improving discoloration, fine lines, wrinkles, and retaining all those benefits longer…
Full article on CC creams click here.
There are so many BB Creams out there now, so if you’re looking to buy one, here are some things to keep in mind: A good BB Cream will be lightly tinted, have a satin finish and feel very clean. You don’t want the texture to be too pasty or the coverage to be too heavy. Also, the product should not feel sticky when applying; it should feel almost like water on your face. The downside to BB Creams is the color range. You might not have a lot of options to work with because the colors are usually light to medium. Because of all the beneficial ingredients like SPF, primer etc., BB Creams will usually have an ashy color to them. You have to really blend, so if you’re looking for a product that will cover your imperfections, BB Creams may not be for you. You already have to have relatively good skin to use BB Creams because the coverage is very light.
Full article and where to find Asian BB creams click here.
So cute for summer! : Cotton Candy Carnival (by MichellePhan)
I love minimal makeup looks like this for everyday! Lisa Eldridge is so amazing! All her videos are so great! It is so awesome how someone like her makes youtube videos for regular people.
Another simple look by Michelle Phan.
This is where I get my inspiration from.
My First My Glam Bag!
This week I just received my first Glam Bag!
What is a Glam Bag? Well just like Birch Box it is a monthly subscription to deluxe samples and full sized beauty products. Except Glam Bag is run by some of the greatest beauty gurus on youtube such as Michelle Phan, Promise, Andrea, Jessica Harlow, and Bethany. They help style the glam bags and show how to use each product. Also, each month your samples come in a super cute cosmetics bag!
My first sample was blush in a rush. It is a set of paper (like an oil blotting paper) that has blush on it! So when your in a hurry and need some color on your cheeks, there ya go! It also came with a discount promo code for this product.
The same company put in 100 sheets of blotting paper with salicylic acid to control blemishes. That alone is a $20 value! There’s even a cute how to in the back.
Next was a mini sample of a tarte mascara. I haven’t tried this yet but if anyone owns this let me know how it is!
A mini urban decay primer potion!
A full sized urban decay eyeshadow in sin!
I’m not sure if this is a full sized product, but it sure is a deluxe size! I love this lip gloss! It is so creamy not sticky and it dries matte!
This $10 monthly subscription has been worth it in this first bag alone! It is filled with the most amazing products! If every month is going to be like this I am almost ready to cancel my birch box subscription! All these products together make this glam bag way more than $10! Here is Michelle Phan doing a video with these products: Click Here!
I will keep you updated next month when I get a new glam bag!